HAVING A SECURED TWITTER ACCOUNT (WHEN THAT HAS A BLUE SIGNAL ON YOUR COMPUTER'S NAME), BRING YOU THE RESPONSIBILITY ON TWITTER, SO IT SHOWS YOU ARE A VALUABLE ACCOUNT. ORIGINAL PURPOSE OF THE ACCOUNT VERIFICATION IS TO DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE REAL SPEAKERS AND OTHER TWITTER ACCOUNT STARTED OR FAKE INTO THEIR EXPLOSION.
Visit the page that provides account verification request form. You will need to be logged into your Twitter account to proceed with this step.
1. Go to the page that provides account verification request form. You will need to be logged into your Twitter account to proceed with this step.
2. Confirm the username you want to authenticate. You will receive a notification to send a request to verify the account that you are logged in to. Sign in to another account if the account you are displaying is not the account you want to verify. Click the continue button when you are ready.
- If you are an organization or company, check the box in the lower left corner of the screen to confirm.
3. Add the missing information. If your account lacks any information necessary to submit an application, a notification page will appear. Add information to Twitter, and then, return to the previous page to continue.
- Check the Increase Account Verification Opportunities section to refer to the list of information you need to be eligible to submit a request.
4. Add the website address reference. Providing about 2 to 5 website addresses will be quite helpful in identifying the account.
- You should provide examples of your appearance in articles, content sources that have a lot of visitors, or other evidence of your influence on the public.
- Your official website is already available on your Twitter account profile, so you don't need to worry about listing them again.
5. Explain why you want to authenticate your account. In the box below, write the reason you want to verify your account.
- For individuals, you should prove your influence. Outline your public reach, as well as one or two key issues that change your field.
- For companies and organizations, write down your mission and accomplishments.
6. Click the blue "Next" button below the screen. The request request confirmation page will appear.
7. Click "Submit". Your request will be sent for review. Once Twitter has made a decision, they will email you a notification.
8. Wait for the Twitter account with the @Verified extension to contact you to guide the account authentication process. If Twitter decides that you qualify for account verification, they will contact you via direct message. Click the link in the direct message to complete the process.
If your request is denied, don't be frustrated! You may resubmit your request after 30 days.
9. Complete the account verification process. The final part of this process has 3 steps: (1) Learn How to Tweet Effectively, (2) Connect with Other Interesting Twitter Users, and (3) Protect Your Account.
Learn How to Tweet Effectively gives you a choice between two tweet lines and asks you to choose the better tweet line. It is similar to a short test, but even if you get it wrong, it will not negatively affect you. It is designed to teach you how to grow your Twitter followers.
Connect with Other Interesting Twitter Users gives you the option to follow other verified Twitter accounts. Twitter believes this method will give you more legitimate rights as a verified user.
Account Protection requires you to enter a phone number that Twitter can call if any problems arise with your account. Once you complete this step, your account will be verified.
10. Do not change your account information. After you receive a badge that proves your account has been verified, you shouldn't change the information in your account. Changing information, such as avatars, can cause Twitter to remove your badge, forcing you to contact them again.
- If you are not eligible to verify your Twitter account, the best way to prove your account is "real" is to add a link to your Twitter account on the official website.
- Everyone wants to get the badge that validates their account, but the truth is that Twitter won't easily give it to anyone. Therefore, you should not submit a request unless you know that you will be seriously considering account verification.
- Verifying your Twitter account will not stop someone from creating a fake / fake account for you.
- Do not add the authenticated checkmark to the end of the account header. Although it looks cool, Twitter may temporarily lock your account.
- Once you have verified your account, you will lose a few followers.